All successful people set goals, and goals give you energy and purpose in life. There are seven keys to goal setting, and you can use these general principles to basically every goal in your life.
1. Your goals should always be selected by you – remember it is your dream.
2. A goal must be positive; it is about what you want as opposed to what you don’t want.
3. A goal should be bold but still possible to achieve. Don’t make the mistake of setting goals that are too easy to reach. You will be bored very quickly and then give up. Challenge yourself.
4. They need to be specific, detailed and written down. A goal cannot be vague or general, like being happy or making lots of money.
5. It is very important that a goal is measurable. If you cannot measure them, how do you know when you have reached them?
6. Schedules and deadlines. Once you have a schedule and different deadlines you know what you have to do. Every day you will work towards achieving your goal by that time.
7. Congruent with your values. You cannot have a goal that goes against your own values; it is never going to work. //Marianne
365 DAYS – CHANGE YOUR LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME
My name is Marianne Pettersson and my goal is to inspire people to live happier, more fulfilled and successful lives. For 365 days I'll blog about life and how everyone can find their own inner balance and excel at what they do.
I look forward to your comments!
Accredited Life Coach since 2005
© 2012-2015 Marianne365days – Change Your Life One Day At The Time - All Rights Reserved
Quotes"Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think". Dale Carnegie